Option 1: Create a New Profile
Power BI Reporting Analyst
- Job Title
- Power BI Reporting Analyst
- Job ID
- 2 month consulting transitioned to FTE permanent
- Bronx, NY 10454
- Other Location
Dynamic, Entrepreneurial Marketing Consulting Company is seeking a Power BI Analyst/Developer to contribute to our client’s success. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and passion, are driven by results, solid business intelligence skills, we’re looking for you!
C2G Partners is a successful marketing and analytics solutions company that has been ranked among Inc. Magazine’s “Inc. 500 | 5000” list fastest growing companies in America, five out of the last six years. Our name C2G Partners means "Committed to Growth", and this reflects both our desire to deliver exceptional results to our clients in helping them grow their business, as well as a strong growth culture that develops our employees and grows our company. We aspire to be the preeminent provider of data driven marketing solutions in the industry.
The Power BI Analyst/Developer will develop dashboards for both strategic and tactical initiatives. You will be responsible for the design, development, coding, testing, debugging and documentation of applications to satisfy the requirements of the Analytics and Marketing functions.
- Location: Bronx, NY
- Duration: Temp to Perm
- Benefits: We offer benefits to our full-time consultants, including Health, Vision, Dental, 401K plan, Life Insurance, Pretax Commuter Benefits, and an incredibly supportive team cheering you on!
What you’ll do:
In this role, you’ll maintain current Power BI data structure; identify and implement solutions to maintain data models and reporting; and build new reports and dashboards. You will manage new development as well as support, maintenance or enhancement of existing applications. In this highly collaborative position, you will work closely with client management to identify and specify complex business requirements and processes, as well as, internal technical team on information sources and architecture. Additionally, you’ll:
- Create Power BI dashboards and reports. Design, build and deploy BI solutions, including the development of visualization tools.
- Design and develop tabular cubes/models for optimal performance and ease of use.
- Implement, enhance, and triage existing stored procedures and SSIS packages employed in the overnight or real-time integration with source systems.
- Work with business and technical project teams to design/develop interactive data visualization, using Power BI, based on business needs.
- Gather business requirements for data / analytics reporting.
- Design new visualization combining previously disparate data types.
- Maintain current BI data model. Develop and administer new data models and enhancements.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to determine business reporting and analysis requirements.
- Track metrics for strategic initiatives based on transactional sales data.
- Train business users on best practices for leveraging reports and dashboards.
- Design and generation of reports in timely and accurate manner.
What you have:
- Strong knowledge of BI technologies (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Oracle BI).
- 2+ years of recent experience designing and developing data-driven views, reports, objects, hierarchies, filters, dashboards, metrics and visualizations on the Microsoft Power BI platform
- Creating visual dashboards, developing and maintaining data models
- Strong knowledge of Power BI data querying and modeling capabilities, such as creation of calculated columns, measures, and relationships.
- Experience gathering business requirements, translating the requirements into technical report requirements, defining functional specs for BI reporting, and collaborating with architects, developers and testers.
- Strong communication skills and small group facilitation skills.
- Has demonstrated the ability to use rapid prototyping and iterative design processes.
- Solid practical knowledge of MS/Azure SQL: queries, stored procedures, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experience in database administration.
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative, with an analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Able to help the organization set priorities, adhere to deadlines to meet goals, and adapt to schedule changes.
- High level of personal, work and professional ethics