Option 1: Create a New Profile
Sr Manager, Data Science
- Job Title
- Sr Manager, Data Science
- Job ID
- Columbia, MD
- Other Location
- Boston, MA
Dynamic, Fast-growing, Entrepreneurial Data Science Solutions Company seeking seasoned Data Scientists! If you’ve got entrepreneurial spirit and passion, are driven by results, and want to be a part of significant growth, we’re looking for you!
BLEND360 is a multi-award winning Marketing Company who is privileged to provide our services to some of the most respected and recognized brands in the world. At BLEND360 it is all about advancing our clients marketing capabilities and performance.
.If you are ready to embrace the challenge and would like to join our team as one of our Data Science Leaders, please keep reading!
As Data Scientists, we work with business leaders to solve clients’ business challenges and improve clients’ marketing results. We contribute our Advanced Data Science subject matter expertise to the recommendations and solutions delivered to our clients.
We spend the majority of our time on getting data into proper shape, performing statistical analyses, developing predictive models and machine learning algorithms to solve clients’ business problems. We evaluate different sources of data, discover patterns hidden within raw data, create insightful variables, and develop competing models with different machine learning algorithms. We validate and cross validate our recommendations to make sure our recommendations will perform well over time.
- Location: Columbia MD (Preferred), or other East Coast City
- Duration: Full-time Position
- Travel: Up to 40%
- Benefits: Benefits include: Health, Vision, Dental, 401K plan, Life Insurance, Pretax Commuter Benefits, and an incredibly supportive team cheering you on!
- The role will also include significant consulting / client facing work comprised of:
- Working with practice leaders and clients to understand clients’ business problem, industry context, data sources, potential risk and constraints.
- Problem solve with practice leaders to translate the business program into a solvable Data Science problem, formulate different approaches, outline pros and cons for each approach
- Work with practice leaders to get client feedback, get alignment on approaches, deliverables, and overall timeline
- Perform data cleaning/hygiene, data QC, and integrate data from both client internal and external data sources on Advanced Data Science Platform
- Conduct statistical data analysis, including exploratory data analysis, data mining, and document key insights and findings
- Create insightful and/or predictive summary variables from granular-level data
- Develop, validate, and cross-validate predictive models and/or machine learning algorithms using Advanced Data Science techniques and tools
- Document predictive models / machine learning results that can be incorporated into client-deliverable documentation
- Document key insights, recommend actions client could take, and quantify business impact
- Assist client to turn models and algorithms into implementable production codes
MS or PhD degree in Statistics, Math, Operation Research, Economics, Advanced Analytics, Computer Sciences, Engineering
- 5-10 years’ professional experience in Advanced Data Science, such as predictive modeling, statistical analysis, machine learning, text mining, geo-spatial analytics, time series forecasting, optimization
- Experience in leading a delivery team consisting of junior and mid-level Data Science resource
- Experience with two or more Advanced Data Science software languages (R, Python, SAS, Perl, Java, PHP)
- Experience with structured or un-structured data analysis and tools (SQL, Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, Hive, Pig, etc.)
- Comfortable with cloud-based platforms (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Experience with Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Optimizely a plus
- Experience in digital marketing, CRM and people based marketing a plus
- Agency or consulting experience preferred
Note: Position can be Virtual on East Coast only . or we will relocate to the MD/DC area...