VP Business Development
- Job Title
- VP Business Development
- Job ID
- Newark, NJ 07103
- Other Location
- Ellicott City, MD
Dynamic, Entrepreneurial Marketing Consulting Company is seeking a Vice President of Business Development to contribute to C2G Partners next level of growth and expansion. If you’ve got entrepreneurial spirit and passion, are driven by results, solid marketing and business development skills - and want to be a part of this fast-growing company, we’re looking for you!
C2G Partners is an award-winning marketing and analytic consulting firm and has provided services to some of the world’s best known and most respected brands. C2G delivers through onsite/offsite models on highly strategic marketing and analytic projects. C2G Partners’ expert Data Scientists develop solutions for our Fortune 500 clients to help determine their most valuable customers, define the optimal mix for customer rewards and loyalty, and create the right customer contact and channel strategy. Coupled with our Marketing Services, C2G Partners measures the success of our clients marketing campaigns and optimizes their ROI.
The VP of Business Development is responsible for generating new business through the development of prolific client relationships, which includes acquiring new accounts through a combination of outbound and internal strategies, and strategically deepening and growing existing accounts to identify marketing and analytic consulting. You will be an integral part of our business development team – which includes identifying the right client candidates, in need of C2G’s services, and building meaningful relationships through a consultative sales process. The right candidate will not only have a proven track record in consultative selling in service organizations, he/she will also have a strong understanding of Marketing and Analytics.
In addition to sales, the VP of Business Development acts as an account manager, and main C2G contact for client, to ensure client satisfaction. To achieve this success, the VP determines winning marketing and analytic solutions and partners with C2G Talent Acquisition to identify, deploy and retain top consultants. Additionally, this role works with C2G Operations to facilitate accurate set up, invoicing, payment and adherence to client specific requirements.
Meeting or exceeding sales goals result in achievement of organizational objectives, financial goals and success in role. We are looking for a candidate that has a proven record of prospecting strategies and has experience engaging with senior marketing organizations in both B2B and B2C organizations that are heavily invested in marketing.
- Business Development:
- Generates new business with Fortune 500 and mid-size companies through cold-calling, referrals, and networking.
- Identifies, cultivates and maintains prospects and existing clients and establishes long-term, mutually beneficial relationships - owns the entire process of business development from getting in the door for the all-important initial conversations (meeting/conference call) through follow up to the close, and beyond.
- Identifies client pain points and crafts potential consulting solutions.
- Establishes and meets aggressive sales goals through the development of strategic plans to tactical execution.
- Identifies consulting opportunities with clients, pitches C2G’s services and capabilities successfully to achieve closed deals; this includes writing proposals and Statements of Work (SOW).
- Negotiates best possible pricing to achieve the most optimal margin for C2G.
- Updates CRM system to include all leads, opportunities, notes and activities in a timely manner.
- Solution Development:
- Develops best solution option, which could include deliverables-based or onsite delivery.
- If required, partners with internal delivery teams for proposal development.
- If required, partners with C2G Talent Acquisition team to identify well-qualified candidates for consulting opportunities
- Updates internal systems and maintains documentation to be compliant.
- Works with C2G Operations Team to ensure accurate set up, invoicing, payment and adherence to client and compliance specific requirements
- Relationship Management:
- Acts as a resource to clients and prospects on marketing and analytic consulting needs.
- Remains engaged with clients and delivery team once project has commenced, ensuring smooth progression while actively looking for new ways to deepen the client relationship.
- Continuously keeps C2G on the client’s radar screen.
- Collaboration with Core Team:
- Ensures senior leadership is aware of all critical issues, obstacles and concerns.
- Uses effective communication, including proactively keeping others informed and appropriately expressing ideas and thoughts through verbally/written form.
- Works cooperatively with all members of the team to develop and implement sales plans and activities.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement within the sales process and make recommendations to senior leadership.
- Participates and contributes opinions and expert knowledge across all internal forums
- Assumes full responsibility for book of business.
- Proven professional services sales “rainmaker” with a minimum of 7-10 years’ experience with a focus on selling services (versus products)
- Rolodex of marketing/product management contacts within financial services companies
- Experience in Financial Services industry in a marketing role or significant experience in media and advertising sales preferred
- Deep knowledge of direct marketing strategies; Passionate about data and internet marketing, with an ability to assess, formulate and deliver data driven marketing solutions
- Proven leadership experience, ability to be customer driven, results driven, collaborative and flexible
- Creative, resourceful, well-organized, self-starter, solutions-oriented
- Able to multi-task and deliver under tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong, executive-level presentation skills
- Solid in all MS Office Suite applications
- Ability to work well with teams
- Positive can-do attitude; Enthusiastic about problem-solving
- Networking and weekly travel to client locations required
- BA degree required
- Flexible location
- Paid Time Off
- Health Benefits
- Business Development: